Level 2 training (onto the road)
For children 10 years plus and adults
Level 2 Bikeability 2 training gives the trainee a real cycling experience and develops the skills and confidence to manage light to medium traffic situations on short journeys. Book a private course, get a group together or keep an eye on the website for any courses coming up.
Trainees receive a certificate on completion of the course and a level 2 badge if skills are performed at a competent level.
Trainees need to demonstrate they are competent with the Level 1 skills before continuing on to Level 2. This will normally be at a separate session at one of our Level 1 training sites.
If you have a child of at least 10 years who has already achieved Bikeability 1 with another training establishment the competencies will still need to be reviewed at this session.
Training costs for private groups
|No. of people||Level 1 assessment||Level 2 training||Group cost|
|1-2||1 hour||3.5 hours *||£120|
Please note that these are approximate course timings. Sometimes a further session may be needed to complete the course or to successfully achieve the skills.
For larger private group please enquire directly
Level 2 skills
- All level 1 skills
- Start an on-road journey safely
- Finish an on-road journey safely
- Beware of potential hazards
- Understand how and when to signal intentions to other road users
- Understand where to ride on roads being used
- Pass parked or slower moving vehicles
- Pass side roads
- Turn left into a minor road
- Make a U-turn
- Turn left into a major road
- Turn right into a minor road
- Turn right from a major to minor road
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the Highway Code
- Demonstrate decision-making and understanding of safe riding strategy
Extra skills where infrastructure available
- Decide where cycle infrastructure can help a journey and demonstrate correct use
- Go straight on from minor road to minor road at a crossroads
- Use mini-roundabouts and single lane roundabouts
Please read the Booking Conditions for Level 2 & 3 courses
Courses coming up
Please see our main page for all upcoming courses
or contact CycleSafe on 07508262768 firstname.lastname@example.org